Our Study devices
We have three (3) study devices available to choose from.
- The first is the 2 in 1 Study Tablet that is a tablet and laptop wrapped up in one with screen based touch interface.
- The second is the slim-line laptop that is light weight with a slightly bigger screen.
- The third is the Edutainment Tablet, a highly durable android children tablet.
A. Slim-line light-weight Laptop
The slim-line light-weight laptop is derived from the Lenovo 100S 120 . It is available in four (4) different colours Black, blue, red and grey). It has a slightly bigger screen than the Study Tablet at 11.6 inches.
120S-11IAP, 11.6 HD TN AG (SLIM), N3350, 4G LPDDR4 2400 ONBOARD, NO HDD; NO SSD; NO ODD, 64GB EMMC, Integrated Graphics, WIFI 1X1 AC+BT4.0, 2CELL 32WH, W10 HOME VALUE NB EM, CAMERA 0.3M, Stereo Speakers 2x1W, 2xUSB 3.0, 1 Type-C 3.0, HDMI, micro SD card reader, always-on charging
B. 2 in 1 Study Tablet (ST) with Touch Interface
The 2 in 1 Study Tablet is derived from the Lenovo 320 Miix Ideapad. It has a touch interface when in tablet or laptop mode. It can convert into a tablet device and back into a laptop. It has a smaller screen at 10.1 inches.
MIIX 320-10ICR, PLATINUM, 10.1 HD , 1280x800, Z8350, 4G, 64G EMMC, WIN10 PRO 2IN1, NO WWAN, NONE, NON-INTEL 1X1 AC+BT4.1, FRONT 2M/REAR 5M, 1xUSB-C, 2xUSB2.0 (on Dock), 2CELL 33WH, Up to 10 Hours, 1 Year Warranty
C. Edutainment Tablet - (7" Android Children Tablet)
This 7 inch Android Children Tablet is derived from the Kurio Advance. It has a touch interface and a small screen at 7 inch. Surrounded by a blue or pink bumper it can take alot of punishment.
Kurio Advance C17150 7" Tablet. 16GB. 107.6 x 189.2 x 9.15 mm (H x W x D). 249 g. 1 year.
Web Filtering and Parental Control Specifications
All Study Devices include a parental control platform which includes:
- Safe Search engine: Use any search engine but be rest assured that the search result is safe to view and free from terrorist, violence and sexual related content.
- Web Filtering: Our system blocks content with terrorist, violent and sexual related content and other content deemed unsuitable for children dependent on their age bracket
- White and black labeling of websites: Currently only vle, worldbookonline and kidrex has been whitelabled. Whitelable means it will not be blocked from viewing.
- Weekly Reports: We'll send you an email with your Study Tablet's activity report.
- Time limit: Easily set a time schedule or time-limits for how much internet time is allowed each day.
- App Blocking: Apps and games that distract from studies are blocked.
There are three (3) payment plans available.
- As a Service - (LIMITED NUMBER AVAILABLE - FIRST COME FIRST SERVE)
- Rent to Own
- One of Purchase
"As a Service": The most popular is that of "As a Service". Subscribers to this plan benefit from using the Study Device without the burden and expense of caring for it. Damage and faults outside the warranty are handled by MyFamily Mobile at its own expense. This includes water damage and breakage. MyFamily within 24 hours replaces the damaged Study Device with a working version. This replacement we have named "DEVICE SWOP" can occur only once in a year. Thereafter all repairs outside warranty are covered by the subscriber ("Parent"). With this plan, ownership of the device never passes to the subscriber. Ownership of the Study Device always remains with MyFamily Mobile. All Study Devices are monitored from our command and control centre from 8am to 12 midnight using the inbuilt Mobile Device Management system.
"Rent to Own": The second most popular plan is the "Rent to Own" plan which enables ownership pass to the subscriber after an agreed duration which is usually 3, 6, 9 or 12 months. With this plan, however, faults and damages outside the warranty are not covered by MyFamily Mobile unlike with "As a Service". Please note MyFamily Mobile stocks all necessary spares and carries out repairs in-house. The result of this is low cost and quick turn around of the repair of a SD.
"One of Purchase": This plan is as simple as "cash and carry". Upon full payment the SD is delivered to the school for collection. One year warranty is included. With this plan, however, faults and damages outside the warranty are not covered by MyFamily Mobile unlike with "As a Service". Please note MyFamily Mobile stocks all necessary spares and carries out repairs in-house. The result of this is low cost and quick turn around of the repair of a SD.
Pricing Plans (for A and B)
As a Service
- NGN 9,500 per month for as long as study device is required - (LIMITED NUMBER AVAILABLE - FIRST COME FIRST SERVE)
Rent to Own
- 12 months - NGN 15,500 per month (Including VAT)
- 9 months - NGN 19,900 per month (Including VAT)
- 6 months - NGN 28,500 per month ((including VAT))
- 3 months - NGN 54,500 per month (including VAT)
One of Purchase
- NGN 155,000 (including VAT)
Pricing Plans (for C)
As a Service
- NGN 4,100 per month for as long as study device is required - (LIMITED NUMBER AVAILABLE - FIRST COME FIRST SERVE)
Rent to Own
- 3 months - NGN 27,000 per month (including VAT)
One of Purchase
- NGN 74,000 (including VAT)
*Insurance is available for screen damage upon request.
*Migration between payment plans is permitted without losing initial payments. It is quite common for parents to commence with As a Service for a couple of months and migrate to either Rent to Own or One of Purchase.
*Subscribers to the As a Service plan are not guaranteed new Study Tablets. Only subscribers to Rent to Own and Out Right Purchase receive new Study Tablets.
*We use the school premises as a drop-off and collection point.
*Subscribers (ie parents) are at liberty to change time limits and the sites that can be viewed on the Study Tablets. Its as simple as sending an email to us with the new time limit and/or site url.
*With all our payment plans subscribers are at llberty to take the study devices home after school.